Strawberry Truffle Cake
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Mac's Pride Strawberries, cut up
2- 8oz package semi sweet baking chocolate
1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup butter
6 fresh cut Mac's Pride Strawberries
1/4 cup white chocolate baking chips
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and beat again on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into baking dish. Bake 33-38 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely for 1 hour.
3. While the cake is cooling, make the ganache. Pour the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a 2-qt saucepan, heat the whipping cream and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a boil, pour the chocolate ship and stir until smooth.
4. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with a circle of wax paper. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, beat half of the cake cubes on low speed until cake begins to crumble. Add remaining cake cubes and 1 3/4 cups of ganache (reserve the remainder). Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then again on medium speed until well combined (your mixture should start to resemble fudge). Fold in 2 cups of cut up strawberries. Spoon mixture into springform pan, smoothing out evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 45 minutes or until firm enough to unmold.
5. Run a knife along the sides of the pan to loosen. Place a serving pate upside down on the pan and flip. Frost side and top of cake with remaining ganache. Arrange strawberry halves on top of cake.
6. To make the garnish, in a small microwavable bowl, place baking chips and oil. Microwave for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle over cake with fork. Refrigerate until ready to serve.