Strawberry Lemon Blondies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Mac's Pride Strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar
2 large Mac's Pride Strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with long edges. This will help you lift out the blondies for easy glazing and icing.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg until fully incorporated. Add lemon juice.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients mixing until no more dry flour is present.
4. Gently fold in strawberries. Spread the mixture into your pan as evenly as possible. The dough will be thick. Bake for 30-35 minutes, just until starting to turn golden around the edges and the center is set. A toothpick inserted in the center will be moist but not west. Let cool on rack.
5. Trim the 2 strawberries for glaze and puree in small food processor or mash through a strainer to get about 1 Tbsp of puree.
6. Whisk together the sugar, Tbsp of strawberry puree, and lemon juice until no lumps remain. If your glaze is too think, add more sugar. If it's too thick add more lemon juice.
7. Spread the glaze over the cooled blondies. Let the glaze set before slicing.