Peach Pound Cake
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Mac's Pride peaches, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10 inch tube pan and coat with a little white sugar.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in vanilla.
3. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. **Optional- while the cake is cooling, puree some peaches (sweetened to desired flavor), add 2 Tbsp of cornstarch and cook over low heat. Serve as a glaze over the cake.